No. of Recommendations: 0
>This is the case for some, but I find it entertaining. >Tuesday I looked at the market, and saw NASDAQ was
>down 500. I looked at some of my stocks (Look at >that!- down 30% today!), thought I saw some >opportunity,
>and even wondered if this wasn't a good time to start
>with 6/3 options. I looked at some quotes for options >on JDSU, TTN, PMCS at eDreyfus, then sat back and said >"what am I doing; I'm not prepared to do this >properly, even if the prices do turn out to be great. >Besides I have to go meet a friend for lunch."

Good points.

I found Tuesday to be interesting and entertaining. But it wasn't a buying or selling opportunity for me. It wasn't a rebalance day for any of my MI screens. I have 100% of the money I allocated for stock investing, invested. To buy more I would have to either sell, or violate my own rule on how much margin I am comfortable with (I'm comfortable with 15-20% margin). Going more on margin when the market as a whole is sinking? That way lies madness. If I had extra money for investing, why wasn't it already invested?

-Marc

To be emotional about stocks is human,
To follow the screens divine.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.