Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
>Top of the Mac line laptop becomes a cheap version called the iBook. >Call it a change of pace, Mac Style, as Apple attempts to hide yet >another failure while hanging on a little longer. >http://www.macintouch.com/pbg4reader.html
Okay, I'm a little slow, I admit. I'd have to be to use a machine so many people say is a piece of junk, right But didn't the iBook come out *before* G4 Powerbook?

>Follow those links that relate to problems with Titanium PowerBook G4 >and wonder why Apple is now pushing the iBook. Do you really want to >invest in a company with Apple's reputation? Do you really want to buy >one of their products? Apple has been living off of a previous >reputation for years and TMF supports such false behavior.
Here's a thought, maybe Apple is pushing the iBook because it's cheaper and more people will buy one. I know I was turned off buying a 3,000 dollar laptop but 1,200 dollars? Okay.
Now, for the questions.
Yes.
Yes. I have since 1985 with no regrets.
And if you want to get into living on a previous reputation, let's...nah, it would take too long and you probably wouldn't listen, anyway.
Could you tell me how TMF supports such false behavior perpetrated by Apple? Anything solid you could point to?

If you are this miserable with Powerbook, I hope you sold it, 'cause there are a thousand people (me included) who would cheerfully snap it up.

Oh, one more thing. Are you and Karmi swapping jobs? Just curious.

Alright, I lied, this is the last thing. I have many, many friends who bought the shiny new Ti Powerbooks and they love 'em. Havne't a single problem. (But they wouldn't, it's an Apple after all)

Topaz12

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.