No. of Recommendations: 1
Guess everyone has moved on to other forums like Facebook/Twitter etc...?

That's too bad. This used to be a reasonably active board where you could get a response to a fairly straigtforward question like this.

Called a local Casio retailer this morning. He didn't show much interest in answering the question either. You have to wonder how these guys expect to get any of your business if they can't offer at least a suggestion or two to put you in the right direction.

My best guess, for the benefit of anyone who might be reading this and have even less experience with such things than I do, is to continue playing without the features the battery replacement would offer.

You can still play the thing to practice. You just can't record, or store anything.

Posting my experience here might help anyone considering buying a digital piano. They might want to keep in mind that unless they're willing to invest additional funds in a service call, they may not be able to replace the battery, and that could influence the machine's value.

I bought my Celviano cheaply enough. However, a smaller, newer keyboard (Privia or similar), might take up less space and still offer a similar level of playing potential.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.