Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Guys,

I also suggest you take a look at the recent debate we had on Silicon Investor in regards. My enthusiasm for an idea doesn't necessarily make it right. And in fact I bring the issues up to debate the merits. In this case, I'm not so sure I'm that far off (in specific biotech instances) but I don't think that is the general consensus of those who've I've heard from on the topic.

In general, I don't think most biotech companies like Amgen, or even Celera are playing a G&K game. Although a case might be made for Celera and maybe someone will like to make it. But from my cursory analysis I don't think so.

But in some instances, Caliper for one, a G&K game may exist. In fact I'm absolutely positive that Caliper's market is a G&K market. It involves the proprietary production of chips. It really isn't much different from the semiconductor market. I haven't got the chance to look closer at ABSC yet.

But in most instances, such as AMGEN and Millenium, or HGSI, or INCY type companies, there just isn't a GG game or even Royalty game afoot.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.