Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
GWPotter: Nashville, TN and Atlanta GA are the places we have experienced this.

California has made laws controlling CGRC's (Continuing Care Residential Communities). Several states have simply followed the CA rules, but others have not. Maybe TN and GA chose to have their own rules, and that's ok.

CNC
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
90% of the retirement and assisted living facilities we have looked at over the years last decade for my MIL won't tell you their cost. They don't even have an onsite sales function in most cases. Not exactly like the local car dealer or Kroger store.

My experience has been just the opposite. We've looked at dozens of places in the last year, in multiple states. 95% do not have prices listed ONLINE, but when I contact them and ask about specific floor plans, they do give a price, or at least a price range. The range is more relevant to assisted living, because it can vary significantly depending on how much care is needed. Say, administering of pills only, versus needing help dressing, transferring, showering, etc. And assisted living can require them to test the resident's abilities. State licensing can limit what things an assisting living can do for a resident.

We had one we called about that the "first franchise contact" person gave us a price, but when they transferred us to the specific facility for more details, they told us prices had recently gone up (only about 2%).

BTW, the non-affiliated websites that allow someone to search for retirement facilities often blur out pricing information until one gives contact information. However, being the computer guy I am, I found that most of those sites do have the prices within the web page's source code. It just isn't displayed on the web page. :)
GWPotter: 90% of the retirement and assisted living facilities we have looked at over the years last decade for my MIL won't tell you their cost. They don't even have an onsite sales function in most cases. Not exactly like the local car dealer or Kroger store.

Where do you live that they don't give you prices? I wonder what sort of facilities you are seeing. I just today got prices over the phone for three different places. They all have brochures, both on-line and in print. There is an almost new one we plan to visit on Friday. (We are doing a pre-search for my MIL.)

CNC
No. of Recommendations: 0
Nashville, TN and Atlanta GA are the places we have experienced this.
GWPotter: Nashville, TN and Atlanta GA are the places we have experienced this.

California has made laws controlling CGRC's (Continuing Care Residential Communities). Several states have simply followed the CA rules, but others have not. Maybe TN and GA chose to have their own rules, and that's ok.

CNC