Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
the civilized version
didn't we have one?

No one in my household has been immunized. We never get the regular flu shot, and also do not get the flu.
(or maybe we do, but it doesn't last more than 2 days and we think it is just a bad head cold? and since I am unemployed, it isn't as though I will be missing work)

the elf is in a community theater production.
The last 4 rehearsals (2 hours each, in the last 8 days, in a room that is about 80 degrees*) have had in attendance several coughing-without-covering-their-mouths kids.
Non cast is not *in* the room, but we can hear the coughing and see them doing it during breaks...

But because the room is so hot, it is hard to tell if they are feverish or just red & flushed when they emerge from the room - but their rehearsal space is just a Giant Petri dish.
Anyway - last night after rehearsal we got an email that read
*one of the cast members has been diagnosed with H1N1, and will not attend rehearsals this week, please let us know if you feel you need to also stay away*

Why? why would we stay away NOW? The contagion has already taking place, now it is just a waiting game, right? I mean once one knows that one has it, hasn't one already been spreading it around?

peace & now we wait
t

*bad ventilation and no one can figure out to open a window...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.