Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
HA!! I'm just the opposite, I've tried acrylic, they dry too fast, it's too easy for me to screw up. I find oils much more forgiving. I've never tried enamels though, and I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain?

RM

I don't do "real" art. Just One-stroke stuff. So having it dry quickly is really good for me. That way I can layer leaves and flowers and things without making mud and losing my details.

Enamels - Folk Art paint has a line of enamel paints that "feel" just like acrylics when you work with them. I have been using them on non-porous surfaces (glass, metal, plastic, etc). When I use it on glass, I can bake the finished product in my oven so the paint won't chip or flake off. They don't dry as quickly as the acrylic, but are still faster than oil. And they have more of a gloss finish.

Frydaze1
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.