Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
http://www2.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?source=blq/yhoo&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo&guid=%7BC4106CCB%2D7A6D%2D4D6E%2DB734%2DF5F8D8895BF6%7D

At least for the moment, consider energy. Oil up today, OPEC decreasing supply, price of oil up.
There is money to be made out there!

Bruce
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 10
Bruce writes:

At least for the moment, consider energy. Oil up today, OPEC decreasing supply, price of oil up.
There is money to be made out there!

Oh man, I have been thinking about this, being able to expand my view beyond the tech sector and go looking for stocks that are attracting buying interest. But tech is so sexy and I've been so entrenced in it for so long I don't know if I can.

I know about PC's and faster chips, faster processing speeds, mother boards, CD roms, extended RAM, LED lighting and diodes for displays, java, linux, unix and other computer languages, browsers, gallium arsenide wafer chips, smart chips, internet protocol, open source, voice over IP, wireless protocol, XML, bluetooth, photonics over electronics, DWDM switching, all optical switching, LAN networks, SAN storage, richochet wireless networks, 3G CDMA, LEO satellites, fixed location satellites, lazers, IT consulting, RF filters at nexus of the wireless and wired world, multiplexers, super amplifiers for wireless, handheld devices, DSL, the last mile, blah..blah..blah..

It's the ultimate and sexy convergence of everything digital transmitted anywhere at the most awesome speed, voice and video and data streaming like butter anytime any way you like it.

And now you want me to learn about oil? Isn't it that black stuff that goes in your car engine after you look at the dipstick?

I think I am just exhausted. I could no more pick ten stocks for ten years right now if I had to. Just as soon as I would move to the NYSE stocks, the money would rotate back to techs. That's been my luck lately.

Not saying I'm not open to it or that is doesn't make sense, just that it sounds like alot of work. Oh well, I guess that's what being an individual investor in charge of my own money means I need to do.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Oh man, I have been thinking about this, being able to expand my view beyond the tech sector and go looking for stocks that are attracting buying interest. But tech is so sexy and I've been so entrenced in it for so long I don't know if I can.

===

What about Enron (ENE)?
A hybrid between energy and broadband commodity trading...

Of the several dozen tech watchlists I have kept since about a year ago, ENE is the only stock that is up, although not by much.

I think ENE brings a nice blend of old economy energy with new economy broadband.

Worth a look, if you already haven't.

Dreamer
No. of Recommendations: 1
If you want a combination of tech and something else, look at CEFT, a electronic financial transaction company. Seems to be breaking out this last week. Lot smaller than ENE, might move up better.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I think I am just exhausted. I could no more pick ten stocks for ten years right now if I had to. Just
as soon as I would move to the NYSE stocks, the money would rotate back to techs. That's been
my luck lately.

Ted. I hear ya. I was all tech all the time in 99 as well. However, if you don't comtinue to learn, you'll shrivel up! Take a quick look at the charts of DVN,XOM APA,XTO, SLB, NE, NBR, NOC, UTX, GD... just to name a few. All good places for your money..at this time.

Bruce