Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Her name was Cleo. She was a 2.5 lb tea cup yorkie. She was awesome! She lived to 11 1/2, and was the best friend anybody could ask for. She couldn't wait till I picked her up and always thoroughly enjoyed lap time. Or she would sometimes fall asleep on my chest, if I was reclined. It's really difficult not having her here! I look in her spot where she usually lays, and I imagine she is there. Life goes on, but it's going on much harder than I thought.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I am so sorry, for your loss. Cleo is in Heaven, living with God and your other pets. God bless you.
Sorry for your loss. A hospice nurse I used to know had the best attitude.

No one wants to go through something like this with a loved one, but sometimes you have to.

It's all part of living and loving.

Take care and be well!!
I’m sorry for your loss. It is extremely painful to lose a pet. I’ve cried for days on end when I said goodbye to mine...the last doggie passed in 2016. All those sweet memories of time spent together and yes, cuddle time on the sofa while watching tv.
I found solace here with other folks who understood what I was going through.

Sweet Cleo knew you loved and cherished her and you can bet, she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge....just wagging her little tail furiously. :)

Hugs,
Lucky Dog
I am so very sorry. It is as hard as losing any family member. She will always be in your heart and memories, but take all the time you need to grieve, it is different for everyone.
jk
No. of Recommendations: 5
I feel your pain. Literally. We had to put our Sheltie to sleep day before yesterday. The solace I'm taking is that she actually lived a couple years longer than the vet expected. But we still miss her. I miss them all that we have lost. Homer and I both love critters, so we've always had a houseful. We have had as many as three dogs and four cats. We are down to four cats, no dogs. We had to put our 18yo kitty to sleep last summer, and I still have not quite gotten over that one, either.

One of the kitties in particular took it hard. She absolutely adored our Sheltie, and would rub up on the Sheltie all the time - to the point that the Sheltie would be like, "Enough already", but she would never be mean to the kitties. She was just so sweet.

When the puppies were little, every morning we had "Puppy Time". I would yell out, "It's puppy time!" And the two pups (the third was an adult, but he would occasionally join in) would come and jump up onto my bed and bounce all over me. Homer wants to get another dog, but I know how much work they are and I'm not ready to take on the extra work. It would be me taking it on as Homer is having issues walking, and our girls are planning on moving our in the next few months.

But I miss my doggies.

Kathleen
Kathleen,
Sorry to hear about your sheltie. It's very painful. I felt guilt because here Cleo "trusted" us, and had no clue we were putting her down. I had a long talk with her in the morning, one last time in front of the fireplace, that I was gonna take good care of mama, and how much I was going to miss her, and what a great dog she was. It was really hard to talk to her this way, through the sobs, and difficult coming home alone, difficult with such a quiet house, no barking when the door bell rings, and I used to enjoy her watching me while I cooked, with this look of, when are you going to be done so we can have lap time together? I miss Satuday mornings with her, I used to get up early, read something on the red couch, and have her on my lap. The first week it was like a dark cloud was following me around. And you really can't talk to people about this stuff unless if they've gone through it. The new puppies dont bark yet when the door bell rings,and they don't bark at me when I "play attack" mama. Cleo knew I was playing around but barked at me anyways. The pups are alot of fun, but I sure miss Cleo. She was such a part of the fabric of the house and family, I am struggling with her really being gone, almost like a young child not believing she is gone.
Hang in there!