Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
So, yeah, that's about it. Let's see who wanders over.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I wandered over!

-Sunny
Hi,
May I wander in?
So what's new?

Cosmos
I brought beer.
I am looking forward to this board. I hope you tell up lots of stories, Imp.

Barbara
No. of Recommendations: 2
Worst kept secret in the world.

Meanwhile, TMF has yet to open up "Elitist Scum".

-synchronicity
I found it looking to suggest you call your board Impacted, but I see you went with Imp This Ride. I take it that means you are no longer worried about writer's block.

pix
No. of Recommendations: 0
I found it looking to suggest you call your board Impacted, but I see you went with Imp This Ride. I take it that means you are no longer worried about writer's block.

pix

Nah. I figure I'll just focus my drivel-writing efforts here, instead of TOB.

impolite
No. of Recommendations: 3
Nah. I figure I'll just focus my drivel-writing efforts here, instead of TOB.

I'm going to start writing a novel in fragments on my board as I think of chapters or segments. Eventually I may or may not compile them into an actual novel.

pix

Hee!

Found you !

I feel like we're playing hide-and-seek...

Cheers,
-gs

Found ya.
Sorry to be so late. I meant to come over when it opened but was having short-term memory lapses. Good thing 4 reminded me today!
Good thing 4 reminded me today!

Speaking of, I just found this yesterday after stalking Snippee. Do I have to go back and read all of the posts from the beginning?

Speaking of, I just found this yesterday after stalking Snippee. Do I have to go back and read all of the posts from the beginning?

It would explain a lot of things, yes.

impolite
Do I have to go back and read all of the posts from the beginning?

I don't know if it is required, but I just did. Then again, I am considered an official rule follower in some parts of the TMF universe, so maybe that is just me. It does explain certain things though. Having caught up, may I just say that I am DENSE. Seriously oblivious. It's a wonder I have survived as long as I have.
Having caught up, may I just say that I am DENSE. Seriously oblivious. It's a wonder I have survived as long as I have.

Oh c'mon, it's not like I made too many comments elsewhere, really. Don't feel dense because you didn't figure some things out. I've confined most of them to here, anyway.

Haven't I?

impolite
now wondering

If not all the posts, at least read the first post in each thread. (You'd better, IMHO.)

Jo Anne
Having caught up, may I just say that I am DENSE. Seriously oblivious. It's a wonder I have survived as long as I have.

I just caught up too, though I'll admit that I didn't read every single post. I am just as dense as you are so don't worry.

Sorry, impolite, it sounds like you have had a rough couple of months. At least your sense of humor is fully intact. And, from the look of things, you have several male Fools that couldn't be happier that you are now officially single.

I hope things are getting easier for you.

I just caught up too, though I'll admit that I didn't read every single post. I am just as dense as you are so don't worry.

Pssst...
...there's an element that she's intentionally leaving out until "it's all done."**

Just don't fall for the clicking Whole Thread on TOB's SAHM. As I stalked imp, I was blindly clicking that link on each thread I found of hers for boards that I don't follow. Then with interest, I started to read the 1st posts to see what the ignition point was...then I finally realized that I was looking waaaaaaaaaaay back.****

Keith
~ still needing to catch up on 4's board to learn about the (no longer) recent move

** Or I'm even denser***
*** (extremely high probability)
**** thus proving the above footnote
No. of Recommendations: 5
Pssst...
...there's an element that she's intentionally leaving out until "it's all done."**

Yes and no. I'll probably lay out the story at some point; right now I'm not entirely certain that *I've* gotten the whole story. However, yeah, there will be some 'splainin' later.

Bonus fun note: I've also got something good that happens when everything is final, but I haven't decided when I will share that. *giggle*

I'm really anxious for finality. Jeebus. I have a piece of paper due to the lawyer on or before February 3rd, and from that point we just get a court date, show up, testify that we aren't stupid and understand what a divorce is, and then move on.

I need to call Best Friend and see if she would let me use her house for a party on the day it's final. I think it could be fun.

impolite

QASteph
MOI
Sorry, impolite, it sounds like you have had a rough couple of months. At least your sense of humor is fully intact.

Sharpened, even. I've been off my game for about a month now, though - serious posts get recs and funny ones don't. <shrug>

And, from the look of things, you have several male Fools that couldn't be happier that you are now officially single.

I believe the words you are looking for is "Fresh Meat". At least that's what I was referred to as in the warehouse when I cruised by. I'm still not sure if I like it or not, but it has a ring to it.

I hope things are getting easier for you.

Most definitely. I'll still have a slight homicidal urge lurking in the ol' brain, but I've kept it under control and it is subsiding. Had a brief flare up when el Idiot asked if I was watching American Idol last night (WTF?!), but managed to just say "No. Gotta go!" instead.

impolite
Haven't I?

Yeah, you have. But there were numerous itty bitty clues elsewhere and as I read this board I kept thinking "oh, *that's* where that came from." But I really should have clued in from some of the flirting. I mean, it wasn't like you were subtle about it...
<<<<Most definitely. I'll still have a slight homicidal urge lurking in the ol' brain, but I've kept it under control and it is subsiding. Had a brief flare up when el Idiot asked if I was watching American Idol last night (WTF?!), but managed to just say "No. Gotta go!" instead.>>>>

Hey, impolite! Just recently came back to MF and was catching up. Sorry to hear what happened. But I can testify, 5 years later, that those urges get less and less.

And a sense of humor is indispensible (which you so clearly possess!). ;)

gg56

It could be worse.

My ex calls me wanting to borrow money.

What do you say to someone who moves to Minnesota in January with a dog and two cats, gets there, discovers that it is cold and that she has no money for a hotel room, then calls you at work on Saturday afternoon to see if you'll call the Ramada in St Paul and give them your Mastercard number so she won't have to sleep in her car with the animals, because the women's shelter doesn't allow pets. Keep in mind that I liked the cats. I usually like dogs too, but I always made an exception for hers.

On the bright side, Minnesota is far away. And she hasn't called in almost a year.

QASteph
MOI
Barbara
What do you say to someone who moves to Minnesota in January

Anyone who would do that has to be batsh!t crazy.

gets there, discovers that it is cold

That's an understatemnet.
What do you say to someone who moves to Minnesota in January with a dog and two cats, gets there, discovers that it is cold and that she has no money for a hotel room, then calls you at work on Saturday afternoon to see if you'll call the Ramada in St Paul and give them your Mastercard number so she won't have to sleep in her car with the animals, because the women's shelter doesn't allow pets. Keep in mind that I liked the cats. I usually like dogs too, but I always made an exception for hers.

No?
I liked the cats. And really, why do you think she called in the first place.

I've always been a soft touch.

If it'd just been her and her little rat of a dog.......
I meant to come over when it opened but was having short-term memory lapses.

Speaking of which, are you all cured now? Symptoms gone, CT scan clear, etc?
I meant to come over when it opened but was having short-term memory lapses.

Speaking of which, are you all cured now? Symptoms gone, CT scan clear, etc?

Nope, not.

The CT scan is fine. I'm not leaking blood or anything.

The symptoms are still there and they're driving me BSC. There is a very noticeable improvement and it's kind of making things worse because I keep running off at the speed I used to be able to go and then landing flat on my face because my mental shoelaces are tied. It's a drag and the funny things I do aren't as funny to me anymore because it's been going on so long.

In fact, I literally landed on my face last Saturday. I was trying to walk really fast to run an errand and I went right off the curb on a diagonal street. Ended up right in the gutter.

My doctor thought the symptoms were lasting too long and sent me to a neurologist for a consult, but the neurologist says healing times for post-concussive syndrome vary from person to person depending upon age, immune function, etc., and some people take years (Deity, NO!).

She said I should get more sleep, be patient, and trust that it's going to get better.

I made her write the list down on paper so I could refer to it once in a while because I was sure I'd forget her "advice."

Jo Anne
when el Idiot asked if I was watching American Idol last night I said, "No, there's a hot guy in the living room taking off his clothes. Gotta go!" instead.
(((MOI)))

I'm so sorry. Sounds super annoying. But at least you know you are physically all right. Mostly. Although a couple more face plants might alter that.

Take care and get some sleep! And if you need anything, let me know. I'll help in any way I can.
I'm always late to the party - always. I wish it were because I want to make a GE but really, I just don't pay enough attention to 'the scene'.
I'm always late to the party - always. I wish it were because I want to make a GE but really, I just don't pay enough attention to 'the scene'.

We're still happy to see you...isn't that what counts??

hiya!

impolite
We're still happy to see you...isn't that what counts??

aw shucks - thanks!

Imp - I am way behind and don't have a good idea of what is going on but I have some idea and I'd just like to say I'm sorry. I know you will be fine but as a person who has been through it I also know it will be hard at times. Hugs to you and the kids.