Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've been cutting the hubster's hair for a year now. It looks fine. Not as good as the barber, and I don't cut it nearly as short becasue that requires more skill, but it looks nice to me. I've been cutting my own for almost 20 years, and I guess I could say the same.

I get the pampering thing many women feel about hair salons, nail salons, pedicures, but that mostly leaves me cold--with one exception. I miss getting facials, which are relaxing as well as good for my skin. I haven't had one for something like 18 months now. I was thinking of looking up online how to do it myself but have been insufficiently motivated.

Despite being fully vaccinated, I'm still uncomfortable about being indoors with all the clients unmasked even if the practioners are masked. They are all far too young to have been vaccinated yet.

I'm willing to risk my health for a quick 20-minute trip to the grocery store once a week, but not for an hour for a facial. Most people I know have resumed most of these services, but are masked while doing so. Like at the dentist, you can't be masked for a facial! However, I've been to the dentist twice during the pandemic for cleanings/exams. Dental health seems worth it--

What are you folks doing about this sort of thing?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.