Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Hang in there, dk.

When my mom was sick, everyone inundated her with flowers and cards, especially with the first cancer.

The thing that helped the most was the time these two ladies - the ones she wasn't even that close with - brought over dinner one night. Everything, including paper plates and napkins.

She still talks about that.

I guess what I am saying is maybe the folks in your life just need some direction. I mean, be really clear. "Joe, you said you wanted to help. Can you drop off take out dinner for me tomorrow night at my house/at the hospital? Thanks!" "'Laurie, I need cat/dog food. Here is the brand name and a $20. Thank you."

I probably drove my neighbor nuts after her husband died; I flooded her with baked goods 'cause I didn't know what else to do for her. I would have jumped at the chance to do something specific.

We are thinking of you and your husband.

-Molly
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.