Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hang on guys. As a NON resident , yes you get the benefits of paying tax in the country that you
make the money in.
As a RESIDENT of OZ, I pay my marginal rate of tax and include all income from whereever I
made it.

I would have to concur with AshleyF. Before leaving Aus to take up residence in the US, I spoke to the tax department and was told that as long as I was a NON resident had no income in Australia, I wouldn't have to pay anything to the ATO (however, had I not sold my Australian investments, my US income would also have been taxed in Australia).
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.