Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Hope everyone out there has a peaceful and happy new year...

I'm working on all kinds of resolutions I probably won't be able to keep ;)

Like, waking up early in the day...to break the night owl cycle I have lived most of my life in...as it is completely incompatible with having little kids in school...

But more importantly, to remember God in the way described in a book I was reading last night...the author (Le Gai Eaton) compared the love and rememberance of God we feel to that of the love/infatuation we might feel with a new (person) love. When we think about them at every turn, even when they are not present. Our lives revolve around them, and are brightened by that person in a fantastic way. Of course love/rememberance of God is not exactly the same as 'romantic' love, but to be at a state of awareness where it encompasses our being in the way romantic love can...is something great...and is something I seek this next year.

Anyway...may whatever roads we take in the days ahead lead us to better places...

e
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.