Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
Cross posted from LBYM...

Twenty years ago on 23rd March 2000, I became a member of the Motley Fool. It is the place I call “home” on the internet; where I found like minded people. We’ve shared weddings, births, grief and disasters. Along the way, I’ve learned so much from you all about life, friendship, investing and money management. You taught me to budget, to quarantine my money into separate pots, so that there will always be funds available for the important things in life - holidays, parties, hobbies, time spent with family/friends - as well as paying the bills.

In 20 years, I’ve gone from living pay-cheque-to-pay-cheque to having investments and savings. For example, BigSis phoned me today from Australia, worried about how we are coping financially since Britain is heading into lock-down. I proudly told her that we have a good emergency fund, enough to cover the mortgage and bills for well over 6 months, as well as investments if we need to raid them. I learned that from you, my dear Fools.

While many of us may feel that “It’s the End of the World as we Know it” is a more appropriate song for washing our hands in the current crisis, I will be singing “Happy Fooliversary To Me!” tomorrow. In the meantime, just wanted to post and say “Thank you” to each and every Fool I have ever encountered on these boards. I’ve met several Fools in person when they’ve visited London (Tconi, QASteph, Hippoflipp, WranglerJan) and many more via email and FB. I value all of you.

Thank you for being part of my life for the last 20 years.

- Pam

PS: We really are OK for now. My DH works for a local city council as an IT trainer and has been working from home for the last week. He’s drowning in work, writing “how to use the interwebs” guides for both staff and elected officials. Me? I’m in the process of transitioning to Systems Accountant (SunSystems) at an engineering firm in their Highways Maintenance division. (We’re transitioning to Sun because the division is up for sale, so will need an independent system.)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.