Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
May anyone stopping by have - or have had - a wonderful July 4th. May your
hamburgers be juicy, may your hot dogs be worthy of relish, may your sides be tasty.
May you all have fond memories now and in the years to come.

Howie52
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Not a bad one at all, thank you. The pellet grill is pretty remarkable, even though I sometimes sneer that they require zilch in the way of skill.

It also marks one year of successful retirement.

What a weird year, though. Pandemic aside, I lost my folks in a car accident on Christmas Day and so that involved a couple of trips and the usual "stuff" to deal with. The siblings acted pretty much like adults, except for one brother, the Drama Queen, but he seemed to finally snap out of it.

Otherwise, life is good and I surely hope others can say the same.

Prof

P.S. Sorry to hear about Ogercat. Claudia, right?
No. of Recommendations: 2
" I lost my folks in a car accident on Christmas Day "

Condolences offered though quite late.

Howie52
Glad that retirement is thus far successful.
I officially retired a couple years back following a layoff and a year of searching for
work. Now I have gone into the full time care giver role - though that may be changing if
circumstances continue to improve with DW. We shall wait and see - and hope & pray.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Bowie…how’s your wife doing?
No. of Recommendations: 0
(((Prof)))
No. of Recommendations: 3
"Bowie…how’s your wife doing? "

I am sorely tempted to respond "Bonkers."

Howie52
She has recovered nicely from the rotator cuff surgery - but is in the midst of lower
back problems that may require surgery. Bone density problems are holding off the surgeons
for the time being - but she is starting a 6- month shot routine which might help in
getting the bone density up. We are not really 100% certain if the back surgery is a good
thing or not. But the doctors showed us the x-ray of her lower spine - and the curvature
does not look good or right - so we continue.