Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
happyaslarry

Telstra and Optus certainly are competition as is i believe Fibertel and Powertel.

To the best of my knowledge Access were to to wire the Eastern seaboard (fibre-optics). Powertel I believe has probably got the drop on them here.

I know Access have been awarded a contract for the Olympic Games. I have been trying to access (no pun intended) the information regarding that but the website is done at present (Sanfords). When I get it I will post it for you.

Fibertel may be another one to look at. They have wired 60 buildings in Perth. Also have wired Adelaide and rolled out cable to Darwin. They have announced a fibre optic link to be rolled out from Perth to Melbourne. I believe this makes them a potential takeover candidate for either Telstra, Optus, and Powertel, with Powertel maybe the one most interested as it will give them a more comprehensive network.

Fibertel has moved up in price from around 1.60 to a high of 3.90 on the back of the melbourne-perth announcement and a fair amount of institutional interest from a promo tour in Europe. Currently it is back trading around 2.80 I believe

I believe they will do a US Tour in a few weeks.

I am a member of an investment club who hold both Fibertel and Access shares.

Just remember to do your own research before making any decisions. As soon as I get the Access information I will send it to you

Hope this is of help

Steve

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.