Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
X-posting this here on Fuskie's suggestion:

Within the next day or two I'm planning to file with my bank (Credit Union that holds my Mortgage) for a hardship forbearance (Fannie Mae Form 710 "Uniform Borrow Assistance Form"). I'm trying to figure out how to fill out the form with regards to all the info it asks for (household income/expenses/assets/etc).
First quickly here's some pertinent info:
Got married in 2013
Wife still owns her own condo in MI (which she is renting to a friend of hers), has her own car loan, student loans, etc.
I'm the only owner/borrower on my NY condo. I was laid off end of last year, so collecting unemployment while searching for work. This is one of the reasons for filing for the forbearance. If the condo doesn't sell in the next few months, we'll be completely out of money (with my severance having been drained due to the negative cash flow).

So the form asks for Monthly Household Income/Expenses/Debt Payments/Assets/etc. Am I correct that I list just everything related to me? My Unemployment Income, Mortgage, HOA, Personal Loan, Car Loan, Student Loans, etc? And then for the assets, since we have everything in a joint account do I just divide the total current balance in half?

And I just ignore all her info? (salary/her mortgage/auto&student loans/etc)

The guy at the bank that sent me the form to fill out doesn't even think I'll get approved for the forbearance, but I want to try anyway. Anything to help us make it through until this stupid condo gets sold (and so I don't have to just stop making payments and go into Foreclosure) will be a help, and my monthly payment on it is a bit over $1000/month.

So any info anyone can provide or any other insights or help would be appreciated.

PS. Yes, I already know this would put a dent in my credit rating (it's currently very high, so should bounce back quickly enough...I hope). If it's not good enough when we ready to buy something, we'll just use my wife's credit score.
PPS. I've already talked to my bank, and they won't discuss short sale options unless there is actually an offer from someone on the table. I already have the condo listed for $5k less than I owe, so can't really drop the price any further without knowing the bank would accept a short sale. So the only thing I can hope for is that either someone buys it for list, or puts out an offer that is lower which I can then take to the bank.

-Eric
Who flinches every day when I look at our monthly budget to see our cash balance go negative (even after budgeting in selling over $6k of stocks) by September
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.