Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
 
No. of Recommendations: 0
harmy
I also hope I haven't put you off buying stocks because of the US dollars prices I quoted - there are many stocks trading at $2 or $3 dollars and are very good companies.

Not at all, I would buy a couple in BRK:A if I could. The price you are paying for the company is what counts, not the price of the share.
A 20 cent share is not necessarily any cheaper than a $500 share.

cassie
( I would hate to get into a dust-up with the Tax Office--we all know who would win that one)

Yes you could have the law 95% on your side, the other 5 % could be a grey area, you could win the case and still end up worse off (divorced,broke with many debts and on happy pills).
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.