Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
harmy,

If, at some stage, you start to get curious there are a number of people on this board who, I'm sure, would help you get started.
Well, I'm certainly curious, and definitely interested. I am however, fairly sketical, have a pretty good grasp in maths, and can ask an enormous number of questions.

Interesting, your example of Qualcomm. Many of the ratios look similar to those of Resmed.

A few differences, though.
Qualcomm has frequently shown negative earnings. Resmed has shown pretty consistent growth over the past few years, apart from the writedown for last year's acquisition.
Are QCOM's revenues declining? Resmed is still confident of future growth in sales and earnings.
Resmed has consistently beaten analysts expectations, I don't think QCOm has been so consistent.

Just QCOM's fundamentals baffle me as to why they would think it has reached the bottom.

Chris
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.