Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
harmy,

Thanks for that.

According to Amazon.com, the book is out of print, but I think I can find a copy.

About your QCOM,
http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-000000776jan04.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dtechnology
Why do you think that QCOM's price is dropping when this sort of stuff is showing up.

Isn't that ultra-wideband only useful for very short distance communication, like maybe ten metres? I thought it's application was for things like garage door openers and control of appliances in another room of a house. Competing technologies could be things like GAP, wireless ethernet, CT3, that are for communications and control within a building, or its immediate surrounds. I can't see the connection with QCOM. I don't think there is any likelihood of a telecommunications network using that technology. The FCC is only involved because it a radiating device, and potential interference source, as would our DOC.

Incidentally, about the charts,

I see several crossings of the 13-day moving average and the 150-day moving average, at about the same price. For QCOM, there are three crossings between June and September. For RMD, there are three crossings between September and December. Doesn't that strategy lead to lots of false entries and exits?

Chris

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.