Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1

Harmy, that's a great link, thanks very much-- havn't had time to
have a good read yet but I should have a few more clues about the oil
patch after I get into it....
I had a quick read of one of the articles (F DeWintour) and he said-

"It may be a traumatic experience. Energy prices may explode overnight. We may get a significant increase in nationalism and in oil wars. The pressures for population and immigration control are bound to go up. Some countries with poor energy supplies and with large and poor populations may begin to breed and export terrorist groups. To realize that this would not be a new development one need only consider some of the "militias" in the USA, or some of the curious groups in Japan or in the Middle East. Some of these groups have government support, but most do not need any. All it takes to do great harm to society is a large supply of twisted minds, with only a small supply of money. Such resources have often been found together"

The footnote says the article was last updated July 1996..
pretty chilling anticipation in that case..

Best,
FC.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.