No. of Recommendations: 0
Harrumph. Because Simmons is such a minority opinion, I have trouble swallowing what he says as anything near gospel. An interesting heretic but I would listen to other voices as well.

I too have to wonder if the sudden appearance of this board is a "top of the frothy market" type of phenomenon. I am in it for the long run, but we'll just have to see if the sense of urgency is permanent for most people. Look at how many marginal companies are being talked about, it reminds me of the fuel-cell bubble market of a couple years ago. While the technology is OK and the companies try to produce a product, the bubble resulted in unreal stock values, followed by a crash.

In general I would beware of the pitfalls of "story stocks".

Feeling curmudgeonly -- C44
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.