Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My best friends thought it would be nice to send me a gift package from Harry and David.

I received the present today and dropped it off here at home.

I get home from work and I now have a kitchen full of fruit flies and when I opened the box, the beautifully packaged fruit was beautifully OVERRIPPENED (aka rotten).

Spent 45 minutes on hold with H and D and when I finally got a hold of them, requested a supervisor and informed them of the deplorable condition in which I received the package.

They didn't have anymore of the gift package I received and I finally told them that I refused any other packages from them, to credit my friends account and to call them and apologize to them about what had happened.

AND THEY DID!!

WILL WONDERS NEVER CEASE!!!

Jeff
Print the post Back To Top
This doesn't surprise me, Jeff. Anything that was ever sent to me from Harry and David was very unimpressive. The pictures on the website have never been representative of anything I've ever received.

For that reason, I never use that company.

I think you handled it beautifully!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
I'm never here much, but I just saw this wee thread and had to weigh in...

I have gotten TONS of stuff from H&D since childhood, and never a problem. Grandpa used to send boxes of pears each year. The last couple years, I have used them to send Grandpa a little table-top Xmas tree, and both arrived looking great. My Uncle sent me a box of their "fruit galettes" this past year for my b-day, and they were great. The worst H&D experience we've had was this year, when my Grandpa had them send fruit to my parents & my 2 uncles, then one uncle moved before he got his. Grandpa called Harry & David to see if a new box could be sent to the new address, to make sure he got it. Ended up, they sent new stuff to all 3 recipients, no charge. :-)

Never base an opinion on just one experience.

Kaiti
Never base an opinion on just one experience.

That's what I keep trying to believe with AT&T Wireless Services. I've had a PCS phone with them for ages and I finally had it switched over to a corporate account with a national calling plan so that my company could pay the monthly service fee. I've had the worse time. For two months, I've been getting double billed. One of the bills says I'm past due. I get my new phone two MONTHS after all my coworkers. Then while trying to figure out some technical difficulties, the AT&T rep said that my name wasn't on the account. Somehow he eventually believed I was worth helping, and got the new phone setup so I could use it. The next week, I get two letters from AT&T. One saying not to follow the setup directions that came with the phone because they wouldn't work (well, gee... thanks for telling me NOW). The other said "Your account is WAY past due. We have cancelled your account." Gee that's funny, the phone still works. I was going to just forget about it (if the double billing stops), but now I'm worried that it'll be a bad mark on my already messed up (by the STEENKEN mortgage broker) credit report.

Julia, having a STEENKEN bad day
Julia,

OWIE! Alright, AT&T needs to be WHACKED! Altho I must say that I've got their PCS meself, and they've been great with me so far. So I hope things improve with you. Now trying to get my old cell phone (w/Bell Atlantic) switched over to my friend's name (gave her the old phone when I got the new one) has not been pretty. Sheesh...

Kaiti

PS -- apologies if this is a duplicate, having a wee glitch here....
Well, I'm feeling very different about Harry and David.

Today, we received a beautiful giftbox of goodies from friends in CA. They had sent it through Harry and David, and I have to say that this is first rate stuff.

There are many things in the package including pears, apples, mixed nuts, jars of jam, candy, pastry and dried fruit. Everything looks top quality, and very appetizing.

So, I change my rating on H&D from a thumbs down to a thumbs up. I'll even add them to my list of companies I would order from. : )

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba