Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 31
Has Jindal ever shown any common sense before now? I'm concerned that this is an act, based on what I know of his previous behavior (i.e. birther-type comments, derision of science). Is it?

I think Bobby Jindal is absolutely sincere. And it makes sense when you really listen to what he's saying. He's not saying the GOP needs to change any of it's actual positions or goals. He's not saying they need to stop doing actual harm to the poor or working class, or to women or minorities.

He's saying that they need to watch what they say out loud. They've gotten lazy and undisciplined with their rhetoric and they need to go back to carefully using dogwhistles instead of saying what they really mean. That's how they have been able to convince so many poor and working class people to vote against their own interests in the past, and that's the only way they're going to be able to do the same thing in the future to women and Latinos.

Chilling, isn't it, that this is how you cultivate a reputation as a sensible moderate in American politics.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.