Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 8
Hated my new boss enough to get fired. Talked with my corporate godfather to make sure I would get a decent parachute, was assured, became mildly insubordinate until I got the pink slip.

As it turns out Mrs. Goofy got a dream job at about the same time (required relocation) so I became what realtors call “the trailing spouse.” She went ahead, I sold the house, tended the pets until moving day some weeks later, she found a house in the new city (Knoxville), we bought, I moved and set up the new house while she put her nose to the grindstone.

I got a job down here which lasted 18 months, it was a mistake, I resigned. Haven’t regretted it for a single second. Bought an RV, she also quit (after 6 years) and we toured American coast to coast and top to bottom, something that would not be possible for us today (thanks to my slow motion health collapse.)

We’ve never had champagne tastes, but retirement tastes like champagne every day,
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.