Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Have you considered using a 1031 exchange to exchange your current rental property for something closer to where you'd relocate to? That would defer the taxes related to the property sale but not eliminate them.

Another option might be to sell the property and provide seller financing to the buyer which I believe would spread out the tax payments over a longer time frame.

Or you could hire a local property manager to provide property management services on the existing property if you move too far away to be the property manager.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.