Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Have you spoken to Fidelity? I suspect this is far easier than it may seem, right now. In 30+ years of dealing with Fidelity, I've yet to speak with a representative who did not know how to get things done. This seems like an easy one; I'd be surprised if one phone call didn't get you the right, and easy answer.

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying, but why wouldn't you (or your parents) just write a letter, instructing Fidelity to deposit the enclosed check into the following account: your son's name, account number, etc. Or better yet, take the check to a local Fidelity office, if there is one near you, and speak to a human being, and give him/her the instructions. Perhaps even with a letter from your parents in hand.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.