No. of Recommendations: 0
Have you thought about any of the Del Webb retirement communities? You must be 55 or older to live there, but you own your own (small) home with a small yard. They offer all levels of home maintenance, medical care, etc.

From their website, http://www.delwebb.com/Lifestyle/Default.aspx

Become a resident in a Del Webb Active Adult community, for people 55 or better, and you will take ownership of a new lifestyle. From our state-of-the-art fitness centers and exquisite golf courses to a variety of classes and clubs ranging from ceramics to computers to personal investing, Del Webb offers a lifestyle that allows you to set your own course. Whether you seek a resort style environment or a more intimate community, the lifestyle you're looking for is waiting for you.

I noticed that there is a new Del Webb location opening in Fall 2005 in South Carolina a short distance from Charlotte, NC. They plan 3300 new homes there. There will be a golf course, but lots of people will live there who don't play golf.

http://www.delwebb.com/Homefinder/ComingSoon.aspx?ID=100502

I have no affiliation with this company. I just happen to be considering the new location opening later this year in Frisco, Texas, which is quite near where I live.

Russ
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.