our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.

This Christmas, I've tramped up and down tree farms looking for just the right tree, I've shopped and baked cookies. I've wrapped presents, and I attended the children's service on Christmas Eve. All the traditional things. Good things, but none of it is important without friends and family. I have been so fortunate to have friends like all of you. You all have listened to me whine, comforted me when I cried and celebrated with me when I cheered. I think of you all as my friends, some that I've met, many others that I haven't. I am truly blessed. Through it all, I try to remember that the real reason for the season was the birth of Jesus, God's original Christmas gift of love.

At the moment, DH is wrapping a present, a Christmas miracle in itself. DaBoy took himself to bed before 8pm. LilMiss11-for-a-few-more-days just called downstairs to remind me to set out milk and cookies for Santa. I'm sure he'll appreciate that. Life on a snowless Christmas Eve. Not the best year for LilMiss to get a sled, but no worries, we live in Nebraska, it will snow. If all it takes for it not to snow and be in the 50s is for me to buy a sled, I'll buy one every single year! ;-)

I hope your hearts are light and your troubles are out of sight, and I hope you all have a Merry Little Christmas.

Merry Christmas,
Love Always ;-)
Hunzi
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.