Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 42
FICO 796. So close to the mythical 800+ and I know I'll get there I believe next month.

For those not aware of my 10 year journey, it started with my FICO a horrific 411 -- not fully my fault as I had my ID stolen, but a lot of it was. Was a long journey to 600, then 640, then 680 and a return to home ownership, then 700, then 720, then 740, then a kick in the balls down to 680, then back to 700, 720, 740, 770 and now 796.

If you're score is in the toilet, if you are burdened with what you think is insurmountable debt, if your cash flow makes the Japanese government budget look balanced - YOU CAN FIND A WAY BACK.

It is hard work, it is sacrifice, it is taking a very real look at your spending and saving habits, but it can be done.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Milligram46,

You wrote, FICO 796. So close to the mythical 800+ and I know I'll get there I believe next month.

Not mythical. I can attest. :-)

Not that getting more than about a 780 gets you any better treatment...

BTW, really good job on the fixing your credit.

- Joel
No. of Recommendations: 2
I can also attest to the existence of FICO scores above 800. The mortgage guy said, "ThyPeace, that's one of the highest FICO scores I have ever seen. That's amazing! How do you do it?"

I didn't even know I was doing anything unusual. I will note, however, that my dad's FICO score is even higher.

ThyPeace, he has 30 more years of good credit than I do.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Is there a way to check ones FICO score for free?
Is there a way to check ones FICO score for free?

There are a number of sites that will give you a free credit score but typically those are not FICO® scores. I use CreditKarma, which gives what they call scores from the VantageScore 3.0 model, whatever that is. Some credit cards do give you your FICO® score. I just got a Barclaycard and they give your FICO® score. The Barclaycard FICO® score is the same as my CreditKarma Equifax score. My CreditKarma TransUnion score is 20 points lower.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Indeed. My 810 and 815 do not get me free drinks, cute girls or anything I didn't get when I was 750
My 810 and 815 do not get me free drinks, cute girls or anything I didn't get when I was 750

Mine is in that range. You must be doing something wrong. Cute girls are tripping over themselves to get at me.

xtn
Cute girls are tripping over themselves to get at me.

What I heard: Buy a race car.
No. of Recommendations: 4
exeter17,

You wrote, ndeed. My 810 and 815 do not get me free drinks, cute girls or anything I didn't get when I was 750

Wait! What?! You got free drinks AND cute girls when your score got to 750?!!!

- Joel
No. of Recommendations: 4
Cute girls are tripping over themselves to get at me.

What I heard: Buy a race car.

That, and a few discreetly placed trip hazards.

xtn
I got nothing at 750...and nothing at 810!
I have a black on black on black 2014 Mustang Convertible. Old ladies and teenagers love it. Not in my ideal age range.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I can also attest to the existence of FICO scores above 800. The mortgage guy said, "ThyPeace, that's one of the highest FICO scores I have ever seen. That's amazing! How do you do it?""

Congrats to you!!

Above 800 for both of us as well. We make purchases only on credit cards for which we already have the cash, and pay the bill in full at month's end. That results in our 800+ scores.