No. of Recommendations: 1
Having met a three-weeks-early "full term" baby, they really aren't completely "cooked" at that point either. They come through fine! But usually they need more coaching and help with things like latching, waking up to eat, and similar things. So you'll end up even more tired than you would be, because it's that much more work for the wee one.

It worked really well for us to have a friend who came and took some of the hardest hours when we were having to do hourly feedings. It let us both get some much needed sleep.

ThyPeace, we would have preferred a family member, but none were close by and available at the moment they were needed.

So, so true. DaBoy was 41 weeks - he arrived just hours before his deadline to be induced. LilMiss was 36 weeks and couldn't wait to get here. They had already warned me she be HUGE (10+lbs) so I was thankful for an 8lb baby, but because she was so full sized, it was hard to get people to see that she was still developmentally a month early. Suck, Swallow, Breathe, large & fine motor skills - all of it took just a tad longer to master.

So cross those legs and stand on your head! This baby will be perfect no matter what, but those extra days make a difference.

hear ya! I think it's helpful to have a friend or family member come over for a while even if the baby comes at 40 weeks!

With DaBoy, sister came for a week, MIL for a week-10days, it was nice and not nice. But when I had to do LilMiss all alone with a 5year old, I really wished for nothing more than an extra set of helping hands!

I don't intend to overdo it once I'm off bedrest because my pelvis separated and hurts like hell and limits my mobility and activity anyways.

Oh ouch. I had that. Both times for probably the whole final trimester. Hugs.

Ok, baby, just behave for a few more weeks! Auntie Hunzi will wait patiently for the photos! ;-)

Always ;-)
Hunzi
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.