Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Having read all of Neil Gaiman's books, I can state unreservedly that this is among the worst of his efforts. But I suspect that's because I don't find Pratchett interesting or funny (and I've read very little of him). So, at least for reading, don't bother with the book if you like Gaiman but not Pratchett.

Of course the show is probably completely different from the book. I will say though that when I was reading the book I kept thinking that it seemed to be written to make a movie from, i.e. lots of action and expendable backstory. So it might be more like the book than many movies. I might give it a look to see if there's anything worthwhile.

-IGU-
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.