Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Having said that, we in the community aren't always the most friendly/positive bunch - I hang out a lot at the Berkshire board, where it seems that entering with a "TMF" nick is an invitation to attack.

"Entering" is the key word here. The particular TMF attacks I have seen have occured when said TMF, who had not been a particularly active or contributing member of the community appears with the apparent notion that the community should subordinate its work and discussions to the TMF's work and topics of interest.

It's a social gaffe, a breach of etiquette.

Engaging the community is not "I could do this myself, but I'll be charitable and let you help me," but rather "Here's some ideas I have had. I notice that XX and YY have mentioned ZZZ before, but I am more inclined to believe WWW to be the case and here's why: ... Does anyone have any comments?"

Big, big difference.

--Boffo
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.