Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
So what caused us to pile up 16 trillion dollars in debt? Reaganomics, Bush tax cuts, and two unfunded wars.

Facts are stubborn things.

Peter

I figured I would do a little pro bono hayseed education. The country needs it.

http://boards.fool.com/so-what-caused-us-to-pile-up-16-trill...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I still don't understand why conservatives don't rec posts at the PA. They let the garbage get recced to the heavens and the rebuttals get one rec. It's sad. They let the terrorists win without even fighting.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I still don't understand why conservatives don't rec posts at the PA.

Because it's not worth the effort?
No. of Recommendations: 0

-------------------------------
If it's not worth the effort, and it definitely isn't for me, why go there and give fodder for the idioterati to make a strawman out of your post and get recced to the Best Of? It makes no sense to me.
If it's not worth the effort, and it definitely isn't for me, why go there and give fodder for the idioterati to make a strawman out of your post and get recced to the Best Of? It makes no sense to me.

You are kidding right?

Taken to any meaningful level you would seem to be saying that the liberals at PA require actual content or anything real to create strawmen and rec each others drivel?

that's just silly

They are perfectly capable of making up all kinds of stuff and reccing it to the high heavens

Now once in a while going as MadCap does to give an explanation in the hope that someone/anyone will be educated, or as I do just to make fun of them, or as Dope1 does cause he simply likes to argue with people he can beat with one lobe tied behind his ear, that makes sense. Spending time reccing? Why? In fact you rec a post there, all you end up doing is sending a bunch of stuff to the OPs responses from a bunch of numbnut libs.
They are perfectly capable of making up all kinds of stuff and reccing it to the high heavens

Now once in a while going as MadCap does to give an explanation in the hope that someone/anyone will be educated, or as I do just to make fun of them, or as Dope1 does cause he simply likes to argue with people he can beat with one lobe tied behind his ear, that makes sense. Spending time reccing? Why? In fact you rec a post there, all you end up doing is sending a bunch of stuff to the OPs responses from a bunch of numbnut libs.
---------------------------------------------------------
Someone who comes to the Fool and just reads over the Best Of list doesn't see MadCap's rebuttal, or Dope1's destroying the original post, all they see is the original post, and i bet they see it as "the truth" because it got alot of recs. How hard is it to rec a post you agree with and is well thought out? It shows the poster his idea has merit to the person reccing it. Maybe i'm an exception but if i posted and never got a rec i wouldn't have 48,000 posts right now, which may or may not be a good thing <g>. I try to use all my recs everyday and try to give newbies a rec too because i like to encourage more posters, especially conservative ones that have an easy to understand writing style......unlike mine.

---------------------------------------------------------
Someone who comes to the Fool and just reads over the Best Of list doesn't see MadCap's rebuttal, or Dope1's destroying the original post, all they see is the original post, and i bet they see it as "the truth" because it got alot of recs. How hard is it to rec a post you agree with and is well thought out? It shows the poster his idea has merit to the person reccing it. Maybe i'm an exception but if i posted and never got a rec i wouldn't have 48,000 posts right now, which may or may not be a good thing <g>. I try to use all my recs everyday and try to give newbies a rec too because i like to encourage more posters, especially conservative ones that have an easy to understand writing style......unlike mine.

Interesting! Of course! People love interesting writing!
2828 wrote: They let the garbage get recced to the heavens and the rebuttals get one rec. It's sad.

My eyes can only take so much.

My son posted this Tweet. Now THIS is sad.

Man, I just hope one day I could have 15 seconds to tell @BarackObama in person how much his presidency means to me.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Man, I just hope one day I could have 15 seconds to tell @BarackObama in person how much his presidency means to me.

Me too.

But they'd be washing my mouth out with soap afterwards.
DufusGoneSplat gets MadCap'd. That's right. It's a new verb. LOL

http://boards.fool.com/yes-facts-are-stubborn-things-more-st...
Is MadCap'd kinda like getting knee capped?
Is MadCap'd kinda like getting knee capped?

Yes, only a little more painful. :-)
No. of Recommendations: 2

Because most of us value our sanity too much to even read PA?