No. of Recommendations: 1
He expounded on the above during the interview when he stated that Bernanke would have a much harder job than he did.

I agree with his premise about future inflation and the inability to keep it in check without severe consequences for economic growth (which will have enough problems with demographics, energy, and global warming).

Where I disagree is his claim that he had it easy. He chose to have it easy. He could have popped irrational exurberance, and the claim that I didn't know doesn't pass muster, since he's the one who talked about irrational exuberanc. And cutting rates to 1% to prevent the US consumption is us society from going the way of deflationary Japan without waiting for the evidence was bad, bad economics. And eventually if you print money, it will cause inflation. And shall we mention his support for budget busting tax cuts for the super rich, which he now denies he supported?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.