Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
He is now packaging something else with the newsletter and selling it. Nothing wrong with that, but what happens if the picks in the newsletter start to underperform? Will he change horses mid-stream again?

<><>

Hard to say what he'll do when he underperforms. I think the biggest mistake in the RM ports was the hubris that a neatly distilled mathematical system with point scores etc could pick winning stocks consistently in all types of market conditions. Obviously the short term success of the method got the better of TG as well as a lot of the rest of us.

The Advisor newsletter is a quick straightforward read. It gives me two ideas per month. They compare their results on an ongoing basis to the S&P 500 (we could debate whether of not thats the best comparison but its better than nothing.) I see a lot of people still making stock picking noise on CNBC who don't do anything to hold themselves accountable. I reject 3/4 of the ideas after doing a little research. I buy a few stocks and make a little money in a sluggish market and continue my self education as an investor while I'm still young enough to learn from mistakes....its not all bad.

scm
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.