Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
He was booed in Indy. The guy had to know that this was coming. Why wait this stinking long into the season to let people know? Might cost the team $30 million - unless they claw it back.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/25/opinions/andrew-luck-nfl-risk...

CNN gets it wrong. They didn't boo him because he is "meat." They booed him because he waiting until the 3rd preseason game to let people know.

The linked article tries to compare Luck to Barry Sanders; at least Sanders retired before even practices started back up - but Sanders also took some flack too for waiting so long - especially when he admitted that he knew he wasn't coming back.

I don't think there has ever been a retirement DURING the season that was accepted by the players unless it was due to an acute season ending injury.

If Luck has retired at some point last year, even after the draft, he probably would have received a standing O at the first preseason game.

If I quit my job without advance notice, you can be sure that my customers and coworkers would not be too happy with me either.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.