Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Sunday, September 25th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
I turned down two book deals, from the most unlikely of publishers, in that I do not want to do such a deal right now. I’m writing like crazy anyway, however, and when the time comes, you’ll see the book of all books. Actually, I’ve been working on a much more important project right now!

from the comments:

- He doesn’t have to work like crazy. The crazy just comes naturally.

- “If I did it: Confessions of a serial colluder”

- Mein Coveffe

- It's gonna be all Chapter 11

- "My affair with Stormy Daniels"...author Donald J Trump. A short story.

- “People are saying my book will win the Pulitzer Prize…and a Nobel, too!”

- Not only that, but he's getting a KKK lifetime achievement award.

- Melania will announce it at her immigration press conference.

- Here's how this is going to go:

Trump hires someone to write his book which he claims is his own.

It has meh to good sales, but Trump will claim it's sold almost as much as the bible, not quite as much as the bible, but pretty close. It might even have sold more, some people are saying. Not trump, of course, but some people.

Pundits very obviously point out that the book is written at an education level 10-15 grades above trump's speaking level.

Being a thin-skinned moron, he will do everything in his power to amplify the obviousness of his incompetence with excessive use of superlatives, then claim "fake news".

Someone with inside knowledge will confirm what everyone already knows, perhaps even going so far as to name the ghostwriter.

After a passel of "Trump is Fuming" "Trump Furious!" "Trump Rages at Inner Circle" stories, he will find some other novel way to push his utter Peter-principle mediocrity into our faces.

Alternatively, nothing gets published, but he points to something unrelated, claims it was his "book" and that the media is trying to discredit him by intentionally misunderstanding what he promised.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.