Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife and I both have access to health FSAs at work. From my research, there is an individual contribution limit but there isn't a combined or joint contribution limit. Both my wife and I should be able to contribute the maximum amount which is $2700 for 2019.

The one restriction is that an allowable health-related service or item can only be reimbursed by one account. That's understandable. If you want reimbursement for $500 glasses, you can only get $500 from one account. No double dipping. What is unclear to me is if you can get reimbursement from both accounts as long as you don't exceed the cost that you paid. For example, each of us could get reimbursed for $250 for the above glasses example. This comes into play for a large expense. Say you have a $6000 expense that can get reimbursed. Could each of us request reimbursement up to our full annual contribution - $2700?

PSU
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
PSUEngineer,

You wrote, The one restriction is that an allowable health-related service or item can only be reimbursed by one account. That's understandable. If you want reimbursement for $500 glasses, you can only get $500 from one account. No double dipping. What is unclear to me is if you can get reimbursement from both accounts as long as you don't exceed the cost that you paid. For example, each of us could get reimbursed for $250 for the above glasses example. This comes into play for a large expense. Say you have a $6000 expense that can get reimbursed. Could each of us request reimbursement up to our full annual contribution - $2700?

Pretty sure you can...

- Joel
Print the post Back To Top