Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am self-employed and deduct my health insurance premiums (line 29, Form 1040). Last year I received a health insurance premium rebate check. I know this is to be treated as income for this past year, but I am not sure where to put this on my 2012 tax forms. Is it "Other income" Line 6 on Schedule C? I know a tax preparer who is simply subtracting the amount of the rebate check from the 2012 premiums paid. Is that OK?

I am using TurboTax and there was no explicit guidance about this. Other TurboTax users have posted this question, but I haven't seen it answered.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.