Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Heck I even tried the local garden club and everyone there was more than 30 years older than me. I swear I saw them all stare at me as I walked in thinking: "ah ha! Someone younger we can get to do all the digging!"

I had a similar experience when I was involved in politics and joined the local party organisation. Everytime I walked into the room, I halved the average age.

This board here, and yarn addicts are pretty much my knitting/quilting groups.

Me, too. Although there is a Stitch'n'B!tch-type group that meet in Ealing every second Sunday evening that I've never plucked up the courage to go to. I tell myself it's because we do role-playing games (Dungeons & Dragons type stuf) on Sundays until 7pm, then I'd have to run DH home and get back to Ealing at 8.30pm. The real reason is because I feel too shy to walk into a pub on my own on a Sunday evening and then wander around to try find a group of knitters.

- Pam (wondering if I could start my own knitting circle once I'm back working at Head Office in 6-9 months time...)

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.