Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
heck, I want one of these just for kicks and grins.

<as a personal aside>
I have loved this sort of stuff ever since Dad (a small town Hospital Administrator/CEO) brought home an antique microscope in a woodcase the lab was disposing of during a move to a new facility. The orignal building was built in 1926, the scope was likely that old. Mom had been a lab tech starting in WWII as a WAVE. She got us all into prepping slides with blood samples, pond water and anything else that we could think of. No TV in the house in those years so this provided a lot of rainy day entertainment when the stack of library books had been finished.

I still get a childlike pleasure everytime I go to a microscope. The digital stuff available now is nice but just not the same as optics IMHO. Sort of like Vinyl or tape compared to digitized music.

I have two of my own personal property scopes in my office at work for the metallurgical and electronic assembly failure analysis work I do. One a nice old (now) Olympus 20-500X stereomicroscope with both bottom and top mount for backlighting x-sections and a simpler overarm 3-30x variable for looking at details like soldered assemblies and electrical interconnects.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.