Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
A fair amount of my investments are in stocks -- REITS, preferreds, utilities -- whose values have fallen appreciably recently as bond yields rise. (I track the 10-year Treasury yield.)

Can someone suggest, please, a SIMPLE way to hedge these investments to protect them from rising interest rates? I'm thinking something along the lines of, say, shorting an ETF.

Or should I just forget the whole thing?

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.