Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Heeed,

I'd watch it for a few days before you average down. I thought about averaging down at $6.00 - glad I didn't. I e-mailed investor relations to ask if they had any more bad news they were about to spring on their owners, and I haven't heard back. Management is generally not very communicative - typically a sign that they are in over their heads. The whole thing sort of reminds me of Compaq - i.e., management biting off more than it can chew.

Hopefully the price will bottom out soon, and the process of cleaning things up will begin.

By the way, do you understand how exactly a buy-out price is related to the market price at any given moment? Given that a company will presumably have future earnings, is it conceivable that a buy-out price will be based more upon projections for the future rather than the immediate market price?

John
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.