No. of Recommendations: 33
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/cali-couple-suffers-...

Business owners Dee and Gene Liboff of Woodland Hills, California, just wanted to show their support for Mitt Romney in the coming election by putting up a handmade sign in front of their home.

But what they were shown in return is the ugly side of some Obama supporters.

Ever since putting up the sign, the Liboffs, who are members of the San Fernando Valley Patriots, have been engaged in a running war with vandals who have cut, pulled down, torn apart and ripped the sign out of the ground.

Every time it happens, the Liboffs get out the tape and glue and put the sign back up. While doing so, they have been yelled at and cursed.

A passing biker who saw Dee fixing the sign screamed, “You are dead.”

But things took an even darker turn when the sign was vandalized again and the Liboffs found what appeared to be a Molotov cocktail left beside the ruins of the sign, possibly as a warning.

The makeshift bomb, consisting of a jar full of some sort of liquid and a rag stuffed in the jar mouth, prompted the bomb squad and fire department to begin a serious investigation into the targeting of the Liboffs’ sign. Police and fire officials have assured the Liboffs that they have their full support.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Why 2828 has no bumper sticker or yardsigns. Afraid the "tolerant" left would go all bonkers, like they usually do.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 8
Why 2828 has no bumper sticker or yardsigns. Afraid the "tolerant" left would go all bonkers, like they usually do.

This is exactly why we don't put bumper stickers for RR on our cars, because we would get a brick through the window. Obama, the Hugo of America.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have one partially torn off Reagan sticker on the back window of my car. I certainly didn't attempt to remove it.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Little difference between Leftists, and rioters in Egypt or Libya.

JediG
ResNullius
This is exactly why we don't put bumper stickers for RR on our cars, because we would get a brick through the window. Obama, the Hugo of America.

Same here. I've gotten enough vandelism on my car because of a small "God Bless America" magnet on my bumper. And I live and work in 2 of the most conservative counties in Texas.

Liberals are the nastiest people on earth. Tolerance?? Ya right.

Just once....just once... I'd like to catch one of them.

decath
No. of Recommendations: 3
Here in Seattle, there's no way I'd put a Romney sign out. During the last election a local paper published the addresses(!) of those who had McCain/Palin signs out. Just so, you know, your neighbors could know who the unclean were.

liberals can be toxic.
There are now magnetic bumper stickers. Or just go to the crafts store and buy a magnetic strip, smack a bumper sticker on it, put it on when you drive, and take it off when parked.

Also, this avoids the mess of taking a bumper sticker off.

Kat
Dallas suburb
"There are now magnetic bumper stickers. Or just go to the crafts store and buy a magnetic strip, smack a bumper sticker on it, put it on when you drive, and take it off when parked. Also, this avoids the mess of taking a bumper sticker off." Kat , Dallas suburb

As you can imagine the back of lindytoes car is adorned with various Democrat/Obama/Biden bumper stickers. I've never been able to quite figure out what people hope to accomplish by putting bumper stickers on their cars other than reducing the resale value of the car in the future since when you scrape off the old bumper sticker it leaves some nasty goopy stuff where it used to be.

So back to bumper stickers? Do they think it's going to convert someone? Or that someone is going to see the bumper sticker and think to themselves "Mmmmm? That looks like a very intelligent person, I think I'll vote for so-and-so because that very intelligent person is going to!"

What is the point other than to annoy members of the opposite party or to increase the level of duality and separation in the Universe?

Same for signs in peoples yards with names on them? So I see a sign with some moron's name on them, do they think that is enough to get me to vote for that ying-yang?

Artie
No. of Recommendations: 0
Same for signs in peoples yards with names on them?

Here are some comments:

1. For downballot races, yard signs and bumper stickers give a sense of familiarity to low information and "independent" voters.
2. A sign with a face on it can sometimes speak volumes. I'm posting yard signs for an Africa-American Republican running against a White Democrat in a predominantly Black and Hispanic district. Catch my drift? And his campaign slogan "Economic Emancipation", says in two words exactly where he stands.
3. If all Republicans voted down ballot in the same proportion as Dems, then Dallas County would be completely red. Instead, it is completely blue. Yard signs coupled with canvassing and doorhanger bags containing info on all the candidates is the GOP attempt to counteract that. Much of this strategy has been vetted in refereed research as the best GOTV down ballot strategy.
Liberals are the nastiest people on earth. Tolerance?? Ya right.

Just once....just once... I'd like to catch one of them.

What? And infringe on freedom of their speech?
If somebody steals a yard sign around my neck of the woods and gets caught, they better hope that the worst that happens is that they get turned in to the cops. We don't take too kindly to getting stuff stolen off us around here.
Same for signs in peoples yards with names on them? So I see a sign with some moron's name on them, do they think that is enough to get me to vote for that ying-yang?

I'm pretty much with you. However, if it wasn't for yard signs, I wouldn't know when small local elections occur. I quit taking the local rag of a paper years ago and hardly watch local news.

JLC
If somebody steals a yard sign around my neck of the woods and gets caught, they better hope that the worst that happens is that they get turned in to the cops. We don't take too kindly to getting stuff stolen off us around here.

One time after football practice in high school, I was driving a bunch of friends home. Cut through the neighborhood and there were hundreds of yard signs. Too tempting. So as we drove around, we switched signs throughout the neighborhood. Govenors, senators, school board, you name it, it got changed.

JLC
But things took an even darker turn when the sign was vandalized again and the Liboffs found what appeared to be a Molotov cocktail left beside the ruins of the sign, possibly as a warning.

What they need to do is go to Bass Pro and get a motion activated/night time camera, the kind hunters use to see if they have potential targets come hunting season.

Get plenty of photos of the morons in action. Case solved.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 4
The makeshift bomb, consisting of a jar full of some sort of liquid and a rag stuffed in the jar mouth, prompted the bomb squad and fire department to begin a serious investigation into the targeting of the Liboffs’ sign. Police and fire officials have assured the Liboffs that they have their full support.

I think their pathology has to do with the liberal mental processes. When all you do is react to political information with your gut emotional reactions, then that's the only equipment they have to deal with such things.

No logic, no rationality, just pure raw emotion.

No one hates like a liberal because the rest of us use at least a bit of rationality in our processing.
"1. For downballot races," - katinga

Yah, I don't have a clue what that means. A lot of the other stuff in your post was pretty unfamiliar to me too. Politics gives me a great pain between my ears.

Artie
Yah, I don't have a clue what [downnballot race] means.

A downballot race includes things like: judges, sheriff, county commissioner, district attorney. They can do serious damage or benefit to a local economy. The current county-level government where I am has exhibited epic corruption. One is under FBI investigation, but will probably get elected anyway, being in a safe seat. The county, led by this candidate, has raised taxes to pay for questionable causes.

In the case of judges, do you want judging based on the law, or based on the "best outcome"? Including in criminal cases?

Vote down the ballot. All the way. Either get to know the candidates, or vote the brand. If you don't vote for the candidate of the party you want, you'll get the candidate of the party that somebody else spent the time to vote downballot for.
Katinga tries to teach Art, "A downballot race includes things like: judges, sheriff, county commissioner, district attorney. They can do serious damage or benefit to a local economy. The current county-level government where I am has exhibited epic corruption. One is under FBI investigation, but will probably get elected anyway, being in a safe seat. The county, led by this candidate, has raised taxes to pay for questionable causes. In the case of judges, do you want judging based on the law, or based on the "best outcome"? Including in criminal cases?
Vote down the ballot. All the way. Either get to know the candidates, or vote the brand. If you don't vote for the candidate of the party you want, you'll get the candidate of the party that somebody else spent the time to vote downballot for."

--------------------------

Yah, I still don't know what a downballot race is. It's like you're speaking Greek to me. I'm very thick headed when it comes to politics. In fact it's almost painful while I try and learn it. For some reason my body rebels at it. Reminds me of my English teachers when they were trying to teach me grammar. None of it sunk in.

Artie
Katinga tries to teach Art, "A downballot race includes things like: judges, sheriff, county commissioner, district attorney. They can do serious damage or benefit to a local economy. The current county-level government where I am has exhibited epic corruption. One is under FBI investigation, but will probably get elected anyway, being in a safe seat. The county, led by this candidate, has raised taxes to pay for questionable causes. In the case of judges, do you want judging based on the law, or based on the "best outcome"? Including in criminal cases?
Vote down the ballot. All the way. Either get to know the candidates, or vote the brand. If you don't vote for the candidate of the party you want, you'll get the candidate of the party that somebody else spent the time to vote downballot for."
--------------------------

Yah, I still don't know what a downballot race is. It's like you're speaking Greek to me. I'm very thick headed when it comes to politics. In fact it's almost painful while I try and learn it. For some reason my body rebels at it. Reminds me of my English teachers when they were trying to teach me grammar. None of it sunk in.

Artie
>>>>>>

Art,

Top of the ballot would be the Big Ones, like President....then you get the Governor, Senator, House of Representatives....then you get the ones that are listed further down on the ballot, like Amendments, Sheriff, School Board Members.

It's like Top of the Food Chain is Prez and bottom is maybe School Board Members.....You could think of it as a Pay Scale....Big Bucks at the top and then go on down to the lowest paid job on the Elected positions.

LD
Art, here's a wiki on Tn. Elections, don't know what District you live in.

http://www.ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Tennessee_State_Se...
oh heck, that last link was only for the Senate...

I couldn't find a Sample Ballot, but here's the other info but you'll have to click links to get the particulars...dang hayseeds!

http://www.state.tn.us/sos/election/qualify/index.htm
"Art, Top of the ballot would be the Big Ones, like President....then you get the Governor, Senator, House of Representatives....then you get the ones that are listed further down on the ballot, like Amendments, Sheriff, School Board Members. It's like Top of the Food Chain is Prez and bottom is maybe School Board Members.....You could think of it as a Pay Scale....Big Bucks at the top and then go on down to the lowest paid job on the Elected positions." - LD
----------------

Oh! So "downballot" means "down at the bottom of the ballot." Like when you're voting and you get to the bottom, which are the "downballot" races. I think I understand now. Geez I can be thickheaded sometimes.

Art
"Art, here's a wiki on Tn. Elections, don't know what District you live in." - luckydog

Thanks. I bet those democrats are in places like Memphis and other inner city areas. Rural areas are now pretty heavily Republican. Actually conservative would be a better description. It's not so much that they consider themselves Republican as Republicans better represent or are closer to what they believe is important.

Art