Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hehehe. Believe me I understand what you're saying. I should refrain from comment but I won't :)

I posted the recipe because, after talking to most of my friends here in the US south, nobody had ever heard of these buns, let alone tried them. I was feeling a little homesick for my holiday traditions so I made a couple dozen buns and took them into work where they were well received. Might have been the stick of butter I took in to smother them with (the buns, not the staff)

The following day I stopped by my favourite bakery here and they had baked Hot Cross Buns! I was amazed. I bought one to try (for 80 cents).

It was about an inch diameter. It had one sultana raisin in it, a handful of chopped pecans! and the cross was made of a very sticky, sweet white goo that smeared all over my fingers.

I was very happy that I had made MY buns after that.

A

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.