Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hell, this year it may be a day to mourn, given the tax rate hikes that are sure to kick in that day!

Usually we have a seafood feast. We used to go to my in-laws when they still lived in St. Clair Shores (only an hour away) but now they're 2.5 - 3 hours away (and given the time of the year the weather is likely to make it longer) so we stay home, make some crab legs and stuffed mushroom caps (escargot for DW, I'm not a fan of it personally) and fondue cheese on bread squares.

At least I get to celebrate it this year. I was supposed to be working the NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium that day, but that's been cancelled for this year of course. Bummer, that would have been a GREAT paycheck! Even Uncle Sam would have been happy that paycheck. Meh, it'll have to wait another year.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.