Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Anybody here?
Got a question for [anybody] here:
What are your plans for RTN? Do you have a selling point? A price/goal to reach before selling?
I bought a measly 5 shares @ $31.90 just after 9/11 and have been quite happy since, but now that the price has plateaued, I'm wondering about other investments. Any suggestions?
Print the post Back To Top
Anybody here?

No.

Got a question for [anybody] here:
What are your plans for RTN? Do you have a selling point? A price/goal to reach before selling?

No. Waiting for a missile shield to be built.

I bought a measly 5 shares @ $31.90 just after 9/11 and have been quite happy since, but now that the price has plateaued, I'm wondering about other investments. Any suggestions?

Why did you buy RTN? You could continue to play the defense and SDI angle by buying Boeing. Their price went down because they are an airline manufacturer but they are also a major defense manufacturer.

Then again MO will give you more than twice the yield and has a very nice DRiP.
At the time, I got LMT also and say RTN made tomahawks & stuff. Figuring we were pretty close to further depleting our stores of the cruise missiles, I went ahead and got a couple.
Petty, but I don't smoke and don't like giving my money to companies who support the industry.
I think the terror war is putting nails in the missile shield's coffin.
No. of Recommendations: 4
At the time, I got LMT also and say RTN made tomahawks & stuff. Figuring we were pretty close to further depleting our stores of the cruise missiles, I went ahead and got a couple.

Wow, I always wanted to own a cruise missile.

Petty, but I don't smoke and don't like giving my money to companies who support the industry.

Buying stock in MO does not give any money to any tobacco company. You merely buy a piece of the company from another shareholder. As an American your sentiment is misguided. You, via Uncle Sam, are already profiting handsomely from tobacco sales. Uncle Sam is the senior partner in the deal making 3-4 times what MO makes on a pack of cigarettes.

I think the terror war is putting nails in the missile shield's coffin.

I think the reverse is true. It has highlighted the need for such defense systems and reduced opposition.
Re: HELLLOOOO! (waiting for echoes...) "I bought . . . @ $31.90 just after 9/11 . . . but . . . I'm wondering about other investments. Any suggestions?"

Yes, I have one. Foolish Fools may want to consider buying or adding more RTN right now while reconsidering a holding period that is well suited for one's situation. Good luck.

"01/03/03 RTN will announce earnings on 1/15/2003."

"12/24/02 - 12/30/02 RTN appeared to be bouncing off a 52-week low."

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/invsub/advisor/advisor.asp?Symbol=RTN

No. of Recommendations: 1
Seems to me as though the more the price of RTN 'slowly' rises and creeps to the north, the risks associated with owning the stock become increasingly smaller. The price/risk chart at the following URL indicates similarly.

http://www.reuters.com/financeQuoteLookup.jhtml?qtype=sym&qcat=sbox&infotype=info&ticker=rtn