Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What'd everyone retire already. Darn I missed it.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've been wondering myself about the lack of activity on this board. Perhaps the subject matter is just too narrow? Maybe dreams are nice to have, but people simply get tired of hearing about them? Maybe people are getting too specific with their dreams?

I guess we just need to keep a few posts out there and hope to gain some sort of critical mass.

My dream involves clear mountain air, ocean breezes, close family, and wide open spaces...
I guess we just need to keep a few posts out there and hope to gain some sort of critical mass.

My dream involves clear mountain air, ocean breezes, close family, and wide open spaces...

No, I don't think the subject matter is too narrow, boards just get quiet every now and then...

I still haven't quite figured out exactly what my dream is yet! Except that it isn't going to involve working... :)

Cindy
I don't think it's possible to get too specific with dreams. Otherwise, how would you know when you've reached that dream?

This is probably not the original intent of the board, but what I would love to see are "ideal day" type dreams and requests for help in making the component parts of that ideal retirement day a reality. Sort of a constructive brainstorming group, if you will, and a cheering section as people reach the little goals along the way to their big retirement goal.

What do you think?

CK
What do you think?

Sure. You start! :-)

Actually, I say that because I'm not exactly sure of what you mean. But, along those lines, my "ideal" day is very much like a vacation. I get up when I wake up. I have a leisurely cup of coffee or two, maybe a walk on the beach and then ride a bike to a local restaurant for breakfast. After breakfast, it's off to the golf course for a round. Then home for a couple of drinks and dinner, and early to bed so I can wake up to the sunrise the next day.

I have this slight uneasiness though. I fear that after a few months of that life I might get bored and actually think about returning to some sort of job! Maybe I don't need to retire, maybe I just need a long, long vacation...
Typical RE days are that most every day is a Saturday. Some are filled with errands and chores, some have planned outings, some have no structure and are for relaxing or recreation. One thing, avoid being on the road at rush hour, it tends to ruin a good attitude toward life that you have built up all day.

RE2Boys
No. of Recommendations: 1
One thing, avoid being on the road at rush hour, it tends to ruin a good attitude toward life that you have built up all day

You got that right! The thing I hate most about my job doesn't involve my job at all. It's the friggin' commute that is slowly killing me...